Good afternoon my beautiful readers! Today is a special day! I will be doing a few more blogposts along with this one! I hope that you all can grab something from each of the blogposts and take it with you on your respective journeys. How are you feeling today? Did you do your positive affirmations? What are positive affirmations and why do we need them?
WHAT ARE POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS?
According to MindTools, “Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts. When you repeat them often, and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes. … Self-affirmation may also help to mitigate the effects of stress” (Mind Tools Content Team). So, positive affirmations can help dispel the negative thoughts that we develop about ourselves. As we repeat these uplifting statements, our minds begin to take them as facts about ourselves, therefore boosting our self-esteem and self-perception. We do not want to go into narcissism, but we do want to have a healthy, loving relationship with ourselves.
These powerful statements can be said to yourself at any point in the day. Whether you need them at the moment or simply stating them in your daily routine. Some of the positive affirmations are by The Blissful Mind and a few are created by yours truly LOL.
- I create a safe and secure space for myself wherever I am.
- I give myself permission to do what is right for me.
- I am confident in my ability to [fill in the blank].
- I use my time and talents to help others [fill in the blank].
- What I love about myself is my ability to [fill in the blank].
- I feel proud of myself when I [fill in the blank].
- I give myself space to grow and learn.
- I allow myself to be who I am without judgment.
- I listen to my intuition and trust my inner guide.
- I accept my emotions and let them serve their purpose.
- I give myself the care and attention that I deserve.
- My drive and ambition allow me to achieve my goals.
- I share my talents with the world by [fill in the blank].
- I am good at helping others to [fill in the blank].
- I am always headed in the right direction.
- I trust that I am on the right path.
- I am creatively inspired by the world around me.
- My mind is full of brilliant ideas.
- I put my energy into things that matter to me.
- I trust myself to make the right decision.
- I am becoming closer to my true self every day.
- I am grateful to have people in my life who [fill in the blank].
- I am learning valuable lessons from myself every day.
- I am at peace with who I am as a person.
- I make a difference in the world by simply existing in it.
- I am worthy and deserving of all good things
- Everything that I have at the present moment is all that I need to succeed
- I do not desire worldly accolades and recognition, but the ability to know for myself that I did a good job
- I will continue to be a kind person, even when no one is watching
- Every physical trait that I have was given to me intentionally and purposefully
- I honor my body because it is the only body that I will have
- I will speak to myself as if I were my own best friend
- I am entitled to happiness
- My life has meaning and value
- I cannot be bought, sold, or given up on
- My influence in the world is unique only to me
- The world would not be the same without my presence
- I am full of joy
- I am whole
- I am complete
- I have options
- I am a piece of a higher power
I hope that you all enjoyed this blogpost! Please stay prayed up and courageous during this time. We are more powerful together than we are apart. Our lives have meaning and we must continue to find connection despite the current circumstance. Whether you facetime a friend or have a heart-to-hear with a family member, please gift yourself with safe social interaction. I want to say a prayer for all of those who are affected by this current pandemic. Those who live in East Asia and are unable to go home. Those who are considered to be possibly deported. Those who do not have the financial means to sustain themselves or their families during this time. Those who are currently unemployed or temporarily laid off with no pay. Those who are unable to go home from their respective colleges. Those who are living in abusive environments. And to those who may undergo feelings of boredom, anxiety, sadness, depression, etc. as they are self-quarantining. I give you all my prayers, my love, my blessings and hope. We will get through this. We human beings do not give ourselves enough credit. Anything is possible. Please have faith. Hug someone that you love and speak life over your life!